Sunday 3 October 2010

Taylor's Asaban Festival

August 28th 2010, I invited two of my friends who are Candice and Vian to attend the Asaban Festival held by Taylor's Anime Society. Well we expected it to be a lot of fun but things always happen another way round. Basically there are stalls which sell those manga drawings, manga character model, key chain etc. The stalls there were not as many as we thought, and the programmes arranged was not so desirable. There was anime character cosplay competition too ^^ Some of them dressed really perfect with their costume but some of them just look normal (I mean for those shojo who dream that those real life cosplay character would be the same as the manga character, I bet some of them were quite disappointed.)

Somehow, a lot of shojo were freaking crazy with a guy with his costume ! Including me (yeah...that's right..)

He cosplayed as Shizuo Heiwajima in Durarara!!
That was really really cool...
I admit he is the type of guy which I admire a lot!! (Can be considered as dream guy?)

HEIWAJIMA SHIZUO {DURARARA!!}

By the way, I also took picture with another two cosplayer of Bleach character ^^

KUROSAKI ICHIGO {BLEACH}
Hehe, can you guess is HE or SHE? ^^ Actually SHE is my friend!!^^ my super cute junior during my high school and she was the band major after we had graduated !^^ I seriously love her in this costume! It looks great on her!


HINAMORI MOMO {BLEACH}
I feel that she totally fits this character as Hinamori ! ^^



There was also live band performance by a band called ONIGIRI. They performed Yui's song <Rolling Star> ; Nakashima Mika's <Glamorous Sky> ; K-ON!! <Don't Say Lazy> etc. I only hang around there until these three songs were finished. After that I went back together with Candice and Vian because they have their own programme at night, so we need to leave there early.

I enjoyed the day actually, this was my first time getting so close with those cosplayer and I feel like my dream has come true! Haha even though the event was not exciting enough but there is always a room for improvement and I hope that next year Asaban festival will be better and more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment